Comment on page
Information About WhatsApp Business API Conversation & Broadcasting
There are four categories of conversation for WhatsApp Business API that will be counted and each conversation has a different pricing rate and different purpose.
- Marketing Conversation — Marketing conversations include promotions or offers, informational updates, or invitations for customers to respond or take action.
- Utility Conversation— Utility conversations facilitate a specific, agreed-upon request or transaction, or update a customer about an ongoing transaction. These may include transaction confirmations, transaction updates, and/or post-purchase notifications.
- Authentication Conversation — Authentication conversations enable you to authenticate users with one-time passcodes, potentially at multiple steps in the login process (e.g., account verification, account recovery, integrity challenges).
- Service Conversation — Service conversations help you resolve customer inquiries. Auto-reply or chatbot replies will be included in this type of conversation.
Then, there are two types of Message Broadcasting that can be done with WhatsApp Business API (WABA) using this Botzippy platform.
- Message Broadcasting Within 24 Hours
When a customer (lead) is the one who start sending a message to your Whatsapp number, as a new conversation, after you received it, then you will have 24 hours to start sending the message to this customer. This conversation is the Service Conversation or also called the User-Initiated conversation.
Any broadcasting message that will be sent to this type of customer (within 24 hours), will be called Message Broadcasting within 24 hours. For this type of broadcasting, you can send any type of message.
Each WhatsApp Business Account gets 1,000 free Service Conversations each month across all of its business phone numbers and after that, will follow the pricing rates.
- Message Broadcasting Outside 24 Hours (anytime)
When there is no contact with your customer (lead) after finishing the 24-hour period, then, if you are the one who starts sending messages to this customer, your message this time will be called a Business-Initiated conversation. So, if you start sending broadcasting messages to this type of customer, it will be called Message Broadcasting outside 24 hours.
For this type of broadcasting, your need to use a message template. So, there will 3 categories of conversation that can be sent during this type of broadcasting which is Marketing Conversation, Utility Conversation, or Authentication Conversation.
For Business-Initiated Conversations, there will be limits on every account depending on the status of the account.
For unverified Facebook Business Manager, you'll only have a limit of 50 Business-Initiated conversations within 24 hours and for verified Facebook Business Manager, you'll have a start account with 1000 limits within 24 hours.
The limits of Business-Initiated Conversations for Verified Business Manager will be increased as long you fulfill the requirements. Once you meet all these requirements, your messaging limit will increase to 10,000, 100,000, and then Unlimited business-initiated conversations.